Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An incident on the F Train last night

Tonight we received this message from Peter from Just Another Brooklyn Blog:
Hi there, 

I'm trying to get the word out about an incident that happened on the F train last night.  My neighbor was hit on the head in a crowded train.  I would appreciated it if you'd mention it on your blogs.

Granted, the real problem is bystander inhibition, but the cops could have sent an officer to pick up the assailant.  The story is briefly summarized here.     


thanks, 
Peter

A few years ago I worked in a neighborhood in Queens where I saw many loud, aggressive teen girls like this one, and there were incidents where they screamed at me and threatened to kill me. Once one of them smacked my coworker in the head in front of the police. I was told that girls like these would cut me with a knife or worse. I left that job as soon as I found a better one.

I have to admit that if I witnessed what happened to our neighbor on the train, I don't think I would be brave enough to say anything. What would you do?

 

No comments: